Alcatel-Lucent named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has today been named by S&P Dow Jones Indices, one of the world’s largest providers of financial market indices, and RobecoSAM, the investment specialist focused exclusively on sustainability investing, as leader of the Technology Hardware & Equipment industry group in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review with an overall score of 91/100.
- In its 2013 report on Alcatel-Lucent, DJSI/Robeco SAM said: “Alcatel-Lucent and its research organization Bell Laboratories have consistently defined standards in eco-innovation in the information and communications technology (ICT) industry” and notes that, currently, “10% of the company’s patents are dedicated to green innovation.
- The report also notes that 2012 saw the company introduce the Alcatel-Lucent Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) estimator, a tool providing product carbon footprint information on new products, developed in conjunction with the iNEMI industry consortium.
- The DJSI report also notes how Alcatel-Lucent is “…actively involved in funding university collaborations for green research, and also works with other industry players through initiatives such as the GreenTouch Consortium…and the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications.”
- This is the third year in a row, Alcatel-Lucent has been recognized in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. The company was named Technology Supersector Leader in 2012 and leader of the CMT Communications Technology Sector in 2011.
- Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices pioneered tracking of the financial performance of the world’s leading sustainability-driven companies. Based on the cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes and RobecoSAM, it provides asset managers with reliable and objective benchmarks to manage sustainability portfolios. In addition to financial performance, the index assesses a comprehensive range of sustainability areas, including environmental, management of human resources, community support and philanthropic.
#Alcatel-Lucent# Bell Labs #information and communications #technology industry