Huawei P8 wins EISA Consumer Smartphone Award
Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, has been awarded ‘European Consumer Smartphone 2015 – 2016’ by the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) for its latest flagship smartphone, Huawei P8. This is the third consecutive year that Huawei has been recognized by EISA in this category.
Building on the success of last year’s award-winning Ascend P7, the new Huawei P8 is the culmination of the P series’ rich heritage of style and functionality, and is once again redefining the smartphone market with easy-to-use features that amaze and inspire consumers to create more. EISA praised Huawei for delivering “improved camera performance and surprisingly high-end craftsmanship that gives this device a truly sophisticated feel.”EISA highlighted the Huawei P8’s 2,680mAh capacity battery, f/2 lens developed for improved low light performance and the excellent 5.2 inch Full HD IPS NEO display as its best features.
The low light camera performance allows consumers to be more creative with crisp high contrast shots. It also allows for light painting capabilities, a feature that is both unique and fun. The P8 also features a compact and powerful dual-antenna design, plus rapid switching technology allows the phone to intelligently recognize the best mode, to reduce dropped calls and maintain a stronger signal.
“We are proud to be presented with this award for the third year in a row. Huawei is committed to challenging the industry and revolutionizing how a smartphone is used – the Huawei P8 is a testament to this commitment,” said Mr. Sandeep Saihgal, Vice President of Huawei’s Consumer Business Group Middle East.
After in-depth market research, the Huawei P8 launched globally in April to fulfill the most pressing needs of premium smartphone users today. It was released regionally right after in May by Huawei Middle East’s brand ambassador Nancy Ajram.
Highlights of Design and Technology
Continuing the minimalist design of previous generations in the P series, the Huawei P8 embodies the ultimate in elegance, craftsmanship and durability. Highlights include:
• The nano-injection molding process results in an industry-leading seamless tight junction connecting a 1.5mm thin plastic bar with one of the industry’s largest screens.
• The phone is 6.4mm thin, with dual SIM cards, and works seamlessly with a 4G network (where the service is available).
• The triple-layer shark-gill design enhances the reliabilities and robustness of the device.
• Inside, the new Kirin 930 64-bit Octa-Core chipset boosts performance by approximately 20 percent compared with other phones with similar levels of battery life.
• The body’s sleek back cover is constructed of steel, which provides structural rigidity.
Craft Best-in-Class User Experiences
Unique power management creates a bridge between the Huawei P8’s slim design, power efficiently and stunning performance. The device contains a 2600mAh battery and with Kirin 930 Octa-Core 64-bit chipset, delivering an outstanding performance that outpaces the smartphone market by 20 percent and unparalleled standby time.
Setting New Standards for Mobile Connectivity
During the process of researching and listening to the needs of elite smartphone users, Huawei has addressed emerging pain points around dropped calls and signal degradation. Building on Huawei’s DNA of world-class communications technology, the Huawei P8 has re-defined the industry benchmark for seamless network connectivity. For the consumers who usually travel by air, it takes quite a bit of time to connect when landing at a new airport. Huawei P8 increases the speed of connecting to a roaming network.
Best-in-Class Smartphones with Light Painting Camera
• Industry-leading Optical Image Stabilizer Technology: With an OIS of up to 1.2°, the phone can shoot high-quality photos and videos as well as managing camera shake so that images are consistently sharp.
• The world’s first four-color RGBW sensor: Enhancing brightness by 32 percent in high contrast lighting situations, reducing it by 78 percent in low light environments. SLR-level independent image processing: ENABLING noise reduction when shooting and intelligent detection of a high-contrast lighting environment and enabling users to perfectly capture high CONTRAST and low light details in one image.
• DSLR-level independent image processor: Enabling noise reduction when shooting, intelligent detection of a high-contrast lighting environment, thus perfectly capturing the high contrast and low light details in one image.