Joy Tan – President of Global Media, Huawei speaks to press at MWC
During her presentation, she talked about Huawei’s progress over the past year and Huawei’s vision as the world’s leading Telecommunications company.
Some of the facts about Huawei from her presentation are include:
- Invests 10%+ of revenue into R&D annually
- Total R&D investment in the past decade amounted to US$38.3 billion
- Largest number of patents in China
- Nearly 40,000 patents in last 20 years
- Among Top 50 patent holders in US
- Among Top 10 patent holders in Europe
- 2004 to 2014, Huawei rose 200 places in the EU Industrial Investment Scoreboard Rigorous
Huawei’s best offerings to the mobile operators include the Single RAN network, a software-based system that converges 2G, 3G and 4G traffic, with minimal hardware replacement, reducing operating costs for telcos by up to 50% and the 400G core router which is the industry’s first of its kind, deployed on a large scale, to help operators handle massive traffic flows. The router is able to handle tens of millions of phone calls and billions of transactions that allows operators to succeed in the era of Big Data.
Under dynamic leadership, Huawei has quickly become one of top 100 Global Brands (Interbrand), and is the first Chinese company to do so, standing shoulder-toshoulder with brands such as Hugo Boss and Nintendo.