SAMENA Council 2013 Awards Recognise Leadership and Excellence in Telecom Sector
At the “Convergence to Oman 2013” conference, SAMENA Council held a glittering awards ceremony to recognize leadership and excellence in the telecommunication sectors of the South Asia – Middle East – North Africa (SAMENA) region. The prestigious SAMENA Awards which are in their fifth year are bestowed upon the most deserving telecom organizations and professionals, assessed after a meticulous performance-based evaluation.
Awards were given to deserving institutions and individuals across five categories: Telecom Operator Awards, Vendor/Manufacturer Awards, Regulator Awards, Satellite Providers Awards and Individual Awards. The candidates for the 2013 awards were selected by an Awards Committee made up of leading professionals drawn from across the telecommunications industry as well as the general public.
Speaking on the occasion, Bocar BA, CEO, SAMENA Council said, “It gives me great pleasure to recognize these outstanding individuals and institutions for their visionary leadership and astute decision-making within the SAMENA region at our 2013 Awards ceremony. With the telecom industry at the vanguard of cutting edge technology and actively supporting economic development throughout the region, these worthy winners are an inspiration for all of us within the industry in their common aspiration for excellence and true innovation.”
In terms of Operators Awards, the 2013 winners were as follows:
· Best Converged Operator in the SAMENA region: Zain Jordan
· Best Fixed Services in the SAMENA Region: Omantel
· Best Mobile Services in the SAMENA Region: Mobily
· Best Content Provider in the SAMENA Region: Avea
· Best Wireless Broadband In the SAMENA Region: Viva Kuwait
· Best innovative Service in SAMENA Region: Ooredoo
· Best M&A Deal in the SAMENA Region: Etisalat
· Best Innovative Customer Services in the SAMENA Region: Viva Bahrain
· Best B2B Proposition in the SAMENA Region: Orange Jordan
In terms of Individual Awards, the following industry luminaries received awards recognising their invaluable contribution to the industry.
· Best Telecom Leader in the SAMENA Region: HE Abdullah Al Thani – Chairman – Ooredoo
· Best Pioneer Leader in the SAMENA Region: Dr. Amer Rawas – CEO – Omantel
· Best Telecom Regulator Leader in the SAMENA Region: Dr. Mohamed Al Amer – Chairman – TRA Bahrain
In the Vendors/Manufacturer Awards category, Qualcomm won the award for the Best Technology Provider in the SAMENA Region while Yahsat won the award for the Best Satellite Services under the Satellite Providers category.
Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) from Saudi Arabia received the Regulatory Award for the most Progressive Telecom Regulator in the SAMENA Region.
SAMENA ,Council ,2013 Awards, Leadership ,Excellence , Telecom Sector