Satellite Industry Escalates GVF VSAT Certification Program in Asia Pacific
Leading international satellite communications companies have begun increasing delivery of Global VSAT Forum (GVF) VSAT Installation Training & Certification throughout the Asia-Pacific region. GVF today announced significant expansions of the international programme and will be providing briefings on these initiatives at its booth (1T6-03) at CommunicAsia from 18 th -21 st June.
“The satellite industry provides extremely resilient and effective communications, which are reinforced through the training of personnel who support deployments and operations,” commented David Hartshorn, Secretary General, GVF. “The expansion of that training parallels unprecedented growth in demand for satellite communications in the Asia-Pacific.”
Recent initiatives in the region to strengthen competitiveness and reinforce quality of service include:
* Harris CapRock is continuing to certify its field personnel globally.
* Intelsat is providing sponsored GVF training seats to its customers throughout Asia, as well as providing twenty sponsored seats to attendees of APSAT 2013.
* S2C2 Satcom , the local GVF training partner, continues to help GVF students complete their certification by providing the Hands on Skills Test (HOST) in Bangkok, Thailand, the latest session completed in May.
* SES is enrolling dozens of customers’ field personnel in India to mitigate cross-pol interference.
* ST Teleport recently completed the GVF basic training course with Intelsat sponsorship. It has also begun enrolling its full operations staff into the GVF Advanced Certification courses.
“We are pleased to be working with GVF to train our team,” commented Teng Seng Dui, Dy Director Operations, ST Teleport Pte Ltd. “It is extremely important to us to ensure all our operators have sufficient level of training and understanding to ensure the highest level or service for our customers.”
GVF attended APSAT 2013, hosted by one of its partner organisations, the Indonesian Satellite Association (ASSI) from 12 th – 13 th June. GVF joined ASSI for a pre-event meeting, focused on training and interference mitigation.