Wireless Broadband Alliance Wi-Fi Industry Awards 2012 Winners Announced
The Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA), the industry association focused on driving the next generation Wi-Fi experience, today announced the winners of the inaugural Wi-Fi Industry Awards 2012. The awards recognize outstanding achievement by operators and vendors within the Wi-Fi industry. The awards were presented at a gala awards dinner and networking event at Wi-Fi Global Congress in San Francisco last night.
The awards were open to the whole industry and judged independently of the WBA by a panel of highly distinguished analysts and industry experts, led by Joe Madden, Principal Analyst at Mobile Experts. The awards attracted entries from vendors and operators from across the world encompassing the whole public Wi-Fi ecosystem.
The winners are:
1. Best Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) Initiative Award (for operators alone or in partnership with their vendor or system integrator partner):
True Corporation and Cisco – True Pioneers Next Generation Hotspot
2. Best Wi-Fi Service Innovation Award (for operators):
KT – Olleh Premium WiFi Services by KT
3. Best Wi-Fi Technology Innovation Award (for vendors):
Cisco – Cisco Aironet 3600 Next Generation Design
4. Most Innovative Hotspot Venue (for operators alone or in partnership with their vendor or system integrator partner):
BT – BT ensures the whole of London is connected during the 2012 Games
5. Best New Ventures or Business Plan (for service or technology providers):
Devicescape – Devicescape WiFi Offload Solution
“The quality and volume of entries received impressed the judging panel and presented us with some challenging decisions. Public Wi-Fi has seen a sudden boom in interest and the award winners encapsulate the innovative thinking that has seen it become a key tool in managing the mobile data boom. I would like to extend my congratulations all the winners and thank all those who entered the awards,” said Joe Madden, Chairman of the Judges and Principal Analyst, Mobile Experts.