Zain Kuwait Deploys Comptel’s Mediation and Fulfillment Software to Improve Time-to-Market
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Zain, the leading telecommunications company in Kuwait, has deployed Comptel Convergent Mediation and Comptel Provisioning and Activation. The software will help the mobile operator consolidate its billing mediation transaction processing and automate the order-to-activation process, to improve time-to-market, customer satisfaction and top-line revenue generation.
Zain Kuwait replaced its existing mediation and provisioning system and cited the desire for greater stability, increased business and operational flexibility, high performance, proven effectiveness and support for IMS and 4G/LTE among the reasons for the change to Comptel. Comptel Convergent Mediation and Comptel Provisioning and Activation are now live across Zain Kuwait’s mobile network, with respective deployments having taken place in six months and one year.
· Zain is a leading telecommunications operator across the Middle East and North Africa and provides mobile voice and data services to more than 41.4 million active customers as of 30 June 2012. With a commercial presence in eight countries, Zain operates in the following countries: Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and South Sudan. In Lebanon, the company manages ‘touch’ on behalf of the government. In Morocco, Zain has a 15.5% stake in Wana Telecom, now branded ‘INWI’, through a joint venture. Zain is listed on the Kuwait Stock Exchange (stock ticker: ZAIN).
· Comptel Provisioning and Activation is part of Comptel Fulfillment, a fully integrated suite of products that encompasses order management, catalog, and service and resource inventory capabilities. The product enables operators to fully automate the process of handling subscriber orders, activating resources and services in the network all the way up to the start of billing.
· Comptel Convergent Mediation helps process 20% of the world’s mobile data transactions. Deployed at more than 150 operators, it offers a single, technology-agnostic mediation platform supporting both prepaid and postpaid customer bases and balancing resource-constrained service environments when combined with policy control, charging and analytics.
· “Providing an experience that caters to every customer’s needs is vital to Zain’s sustainability in an increasingly competitive industry. Our customers want an overall better experience than they can get elsewhere. That is why we aim to be the front runner in technology, leading to maximum customer satisfaction and engagement and our business growth objectives. Comptel is clearly partnering with us to deliver these strategic priorities. We are confident that Comptel Convergent Mediation and Comptel Provisioning and Activation will allow us to meet our operational agility, customer engagement and business growth objectives,” said Hani El Kukhun, COO, Zain Kuwait.
· “Comptel is happy to help communications service providers like Zain Kuwait streamline their mediation and fulfillment processes,” said Mika Korpinen, SVP, MEA, Comptel. “We know from previous experience that with Comptel Convergent Mediation alone, operators can realise up to 80% in cost-savings—our solutions will help Zain Kuwait achieve similar business performance improvements, including ensuring rapid time-to-market.”